I usually never do any of the tags or “blogger awards” posts. But since Christmas is around the corner, I decided to do it for the first time. Plus I couldn’t say no to Nad since she is the one always helping me with “technology issues”.
1. What is your favorite Christmas film?
Ha, I can’t choose one so I’m going to pick two out of the list.
Elf and The Grinch are the two of my most favorite Christmas movies. Pretty funny movies. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like them.
2. Have you ever had a White Christmas?
No that I remember. I don’t think I have ever seen snow during Christmas day. To me that’s a good thing because the last thing I want is to freeze during Christmas day.
3. Where do you usually spend your holiday?
I always go back home. Not that I have to travel far since home is only fifteen minutes away. Usually all my brothers and sisters are there. Mom and dad always cook a bunch of food so we just stay at home and eat and drink (not alcohol) like kings.
4. What is your favorite Christmas song?
5. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
It varies. But since we started doing “Secret Santa” we started opening them on Christmas Eve. Just too many people to try to hold back from opening their presents.
6. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Yes, who doesn’t know “Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer” song?
7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year?
Just getting together with the family. That’s what the holidays are for.
8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
I don’t have a Christmas tree at my place but if I did the mofo would be real. I don’t have time for fake things in my life 😆 The tree at my parents place is always real. My mom is a little weird though. She likes to throw it away right after Christmas is over.
9. What is your all-time favorite holiday food/sweet treat?
My favorite meal has to be my dads Lasagna with Italian sausages. I can eat that meal for the rest of my life and never get tired of it…just fat.
10. Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
Receiving of course. Giving sucks! First you have to break your head trying to figure out what they want, then you have to worry about if they like or not. That’s too much work, I’ll be a receiver any day.
11. What is the best Christmas gift you’ve ever received?
I don’t know… Probably one of the many toys I got when I was a kid.
12. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
I would like to spend the holiday season in a beach down in Mexico or Belize. That seems like great place to be during the holidays. No snow to worry about and can relax all day.
13. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
I’m a pro. I just throw it on a bag, staple the top and put a name tag on it 😆
14. Most memorable Holiday moment?
Every Christmas has been memorable. Every year something memorable happens and it seems like the trend is going to continue. This year we welcome a new member to the family so I know for a fact that he will be the memorable part of this year.
15. What made you realize the truth about Santa?
I think I always knew that he wasn’t real. You can’t fool me!
16. Do you make New Years resolutions? Do you stick to them?
Hahaha yeah and fail miserable couple of hours later. This year I don’t think I’m making any since I already now the results 😆
17. What makes the holidays special for you?
The family part of things. I love hanging with my family more than anything. I could care less about the presents or material side of the holidays.
18. What do you wish for Christmas this year?
I wish for the Colts to win a Superbowl and for the rebels to make it to the dance. Come on! Is that too much to ask?
19. Favorite Christmas smell?
The smell of the lasagna coming out of the oven 🙂
20. What is the worst/weirdest gift you ever got?
When I was a freshman in college we did a gift exchange with my teammates and someone gave me a pair of rain boots. I couldn’t stop laughing at the idea that someone gave me rain boots.
21. Favorite holiday drink?
Idk… I don’t think I have a favorite drink but if I had to choose I’ll take a nice cold NewCastle.
22. Have you ever spent Christmas in another country? If yes, which one(s)?
Yes, I spent Christmas in Guatemala when I was younger. I was born in Guatemala.
23. What place/landmark in your town do you love during Christmas?
My parents house. But if we are talking about public places I would have to choose Red Rock. Nothing like a nice run in Red Rock before eating like a pig.
24. Were you naughty or nice this year? You know that Santa is watching *smirks*
Both, I would have to say that I was a little more naughty this year than usual, but overall I wasn’t that bad. I guess we learn as we go along.
And this post proves my point. Women are so complicated…
Wow so you named your blog the decoder and it’s taken you four bloody months to actually decode something. About time isn’t it?
Well you know what they say – good things come to those who wait -here’s six of the most-used phrases of the female population accompanied by a male-friendly definition. Enjoy.
- ‘I’m fine’ – If you have ever believed a woman who has informed you she is fine it’s a miracle that you even have a girlfriend. No female has ever uttered those words and genuinely meant it. It is an excuse – a polite way of telling you that you have pissed her off. So please take the hint, leave her to cool off and do not question her like you’re the Spanish Inquisition.
- ‘It’s not you it’s me’ – Drum roll please. It is you. You have screwed up and now you’re left with…
View original post 362 more words
Holy mother of Jesus… I guess there is a huge Rubik’s cube that puts the ones I posted about to shame. I can’t believe there is someone out there who can complete it in less than three minutes.
According to this Youtube video the world record is 2:39.41. That’s insane. I can’t even complete one side of the original 3x3x3 Rubik’s Cube in that little amount of time. I wish I was as cool as Lin Chen. I bet he gets all the ladies 😆
Yesterday I went to meet my nephew Shane. He is the cutest little guy I ever seen. I can already tell that he is going to be a ladies man. He also likes to sleep and eat a lot. I didn’t get to hold him because I have never hold a baby before and didn’t feel comfortable. Practicing with a newborn seems a little dangerous.
Here is a video of little Shane having hiccups earlier that day.
Well, tonight is an amazing night. I’m officially an uncle. I’m pretty pumped about it. Can’t wait for the day he starts calling me Uncle Sergio. It rolls off the tongue. It sounds just right. To him and the future generations of Foxes my first name is now Uncle and my middle name is Sergio. I can already tell that Shane Fox will be leading the next generation of Foxes to great things.
Congratulations to Charlie (brother) and Megan (sister in law). They have been waiting for Shane to make an appearance for months. I know they are overjoyed right now. Going to sleep with a huge smile on my face tonight. I will be paying him a visit tomorrow 🙂
Haha this is pretty funny, I wonder if this is true. Luckiest unlucky man to ever live.
Edit: Holy cow, according to The Telegraph he is a real dude. I can’t believe someone can go through all that and still be alive. Good for him.
Yesterday at work I got approached by an Internist and he asked me if I could help him with a “project” later on. According to him “some little kids are coming to learn about the hospital”. The first thought through my mind was “Little kids? Maaaaaaan! I can talk to little kids for days”. But in reality I wasn’t excited about it. Don’t get me wrong, I love kids but for some reason I wasn’t feeling it. I didn’t say no because I didn’t think I could. So I said yes and hoped that my supervisor would say no since we were pretty busy. Before I finished asking her she said “Yes, I was the one who put you down as a volunteer”. Man, that wasn’t the answer I was looking for.
Couple of hours later the kids come through the door. I was expecting some little kids with leftovers from breakfast all over their mouth and apple juice stains on their shirts. Nah, instead I had to help guide some high school seniors through the hospital. I could easily tell that they were super excited to be here because of the way most of them were glued to their phones. Nothing surprises me anymore. It seems like kids nowadays don’t have any respect for anyone. Luckily for me the Internist I was helping doesn’t like being disrespected so he just asked them to put it away or they could step outside. He went ahead and did the tour part with the kids and came back to the meeting room with all of them. That’s when I found out that I was supposed to go in there and have a chat with them. Answer their questions and just give them some tips.
I walked in the room and surprisingly they were all quiet and were ready to listen. For those of you who don’t know me, I have zero problem talking to people. I love talking, if I could get pay to talk I would do it. So I just went in and did what I had to do. I asked the kids if they had any questions and to my surprise about five hands went up in the air. They asked questions ranging from parties in college to the path I took to get to graduate school. They just wanted to know more about what the future holds for them. The things they should prepare for and see how things work around the medical world. Obviously not all of them want to be in the medical field but I do hope that the little chat we had inspires them to continue their education past high school. I do believe that professionals and older students like myself can inspire at least one or two kids to hopefully get a degree and start a career. Also a big shout to whoever came up with the idea of a career awareness field trip. You da man!
I originally tried to come up with one hundred facts but that didn’t go the way I planed. It is harder than it looks.
1. I smile all of the time.
2. I hate driving around town. All of the going and stopping makes me feel anxious.
3. I love driving long distances.
4. I’m incredible optimistic about what the future holds.
5. I like reading inspirational novels. (
damn you Lance I really liked your book)
6. I have the worst table manners ever. I use my hands instead of silverware a lot of the time.
7. I got burned when I was young buck learning how to walk. As a result I have the coolest scars on my arms.
8. I like to make up stories when people ask me what happened to my arms. I have so many stories going around that sometimes even I get confused.
9. I am an asshole. An ex gf once called me a narcissistic asshole during an argument. I was confused why she was describing me so I took it as a compliment.
10. I plan to become a millionaire. Who doesn’t…right?
11. Not a big fan of technology. I’m still trying to understand why people buy every new gadget that comes out.
12. I chew my nails. Especially when I’m watching games that I care about.
13. I broke both of my knees jumping from the roof of the house when I was eleven.
14. I brush my teeth in the shower.
15. I can’t sleep with socks on and find people who sleep with socks on disgusting.
16. I always have to have two or more conversations going on at the same time.
17. I love big crowds of people.
18. I don’t get mad easily, I just laugh it off.
19. I don’t like wearing shorts. I’m that guy who wears pants when is 110+ outside.
20. Dark Ale and Amber Ale are my beers of choice. But free beer is free beer lol 🙂
21. I prefer my beer warm.
22. I don’t like clowns. My sister used to force me watch Pennywise when I was younger and for some reason the fear never went away.
23. I never wear flip-flops unless I’m wearing a bathing suit.
24. This is my favorite number.
25. I rarely clean my room but when I do…I don’t.
26. I once sharted my pants while on a first date. She later became my gf.
27. I am not a picky eater.
28. I am a Jack of all trades and a master of none.
29. I started getting grey hairs when I was twenty four . Now they are all over the place.
30. I like buying books from thrift stores. They have some good books for cheap.
31. My right pinky finger is shorter than the left one.
32. I have been in college since I was eighteen and I still don’t know my student ID number.
33. I don’t have a favorite color.
34. Las Vegas is my home and I love everything about it including the heat.
35. I don’t apologize but when I do, I mean it.
36. I have never lost a fight.
37. I considered myself the worst writer in WordPress.
38. Do you even grammar? What the fuck is grammar? How does one acquire grammar? 😀
39. I’m usually always late.
40. I hate paying for overpriced food. Main reason why I don’t like going to food festivals.
41. I only wear black or
caki? khaki color jeans. Dark blue makes an appearance every once in awhile.
42. I love swimming in water bodies. I hate swimming in pools.
43. I can’t remember the last time I cried.
44. I don’t like eating at McDonalds but when I do I order form the dollar menu.
45. I used to think that Japandroids were the best band in the universe. I still listen to them though….no shame!
46. My no filter personality usually gets me in trouble with the ladies.
I can’t figure out how to use photoshop. I know the lyrics to Elvis “Viva Las Vegas” by heart.
49. I don’t care about fashion, if I like it I wear it.
50. I hate talking about running with non runners.
51. Hockey is my favorite sport to watch followed by football and college basketball.
52. I hate riots. I don’t understand why people enjoy acting like animals destroying and stealing everything they can get their hands on. There are different ways to demonstrate your support.
53. Punk music is my cup of tea.
54. I got drunk for the first time when I was twelve.
55. I broke my head open the night I first got drunk.
56. My mother spanked me for the first time in my life the day after.
57. I refuse to get my teeth whitened.
58. I feel like I know the authors of my favorite blogs in real life.
59. Z from “I Prefer Deep Blues and Sea Foam Greens” is my favorite blogger. I like her writing style and how she always manages to make things like “math” funny. Thanks to her I feel self conscious when I enter through the exit door at the grocery store.
60. I can’t figure out how to use photoshop.
61. Spent five hours trying to make a logo for my blog on photoshop. I’m still wondering where do I get my five hours back?
62. Coffee is my drink of choice nowadays.
63. These are my most favorite pictures from mexico. This one pretty much sums the whole trip up. Drinks and smiles all the way until the end.
64. My mother thinks I’m an alcoholic because of my excessive drinking in Mexico. Can’t say no to all you can drink. 😀
65. I just realized that I forgot to post about the Mexico trip.
66. I am very easily distracted.
67. I can’t come up with one hundred facts so I’m going to change the title of this post.
It’s been awhile since the last time I visited WordPress. Many things have happened since the last post. The school semester ended about two weeks ago and I couldn’t be happier about it. Don’t get me wrong, I love school but after all these years I can’t wait for it to be over. I feel like every semester keeps getting longer and longer…
I also started training for The Zion Half Marathon with Jeremy (Coach from LVR). I’m glad that I decided to get back to it. Its been a long time since the last time I actually enjoyed going out for a run and I couldn’t be happier. Having a training program, a cool group of people to run with and the best coffee in town has made running easier and enjoyable. Never thought I would be the kind of person who would be up at 5:00 a.m. just to go running. That goes to show how things change as we get older. Here is a picture of Jacob and I after a run with a local running group. I love the route they have, a little challenging at the moment but it should be a piece of cake soon. Had an amazing Thanksgiving with the family. Nothing like having the whole family together to enjoy a delicious meal. Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday because of the family aspect of the holiday and we also do secret Santa on that day 🙂 We all forgot about it this year. I don’t know how it happened but it did 😦
I have been working on my thesis more than I thought I would. The amount of research required to acquire the knowledge to write it is more than I bargain for. My goal is to get it done by the end of January so I can have someone look at it before I turn it in. I like the progress so far and I hope I don’t run out things to write about anytime soon 🙂 I also been noticing tremendous progress in my mediation. Time is one of the reasons I say that. When I first started I couldn’t do five minutes. As of now I can do over thirty minutes easily. Times fly when I’m mediating and I don’t think much about it anymore.
Well, I’m going to read some of my favorite blogs to see what I missed. Have an amazing night!
Was about to post this video when I found this post. He hit the nail on the head. Nothing surprises me anymore…
I’m never surprised anymore. Ever. I’ve come to a point where, when somebody tells me – Man, you will not BELIEVE the stupid thing that so-and-so has done! I just sit with a blank expression and go, “no, I believe it.” Nothing surprises me. So when I heard that there was a video that some woman made where she makes evidence that the energy drink brand Monster is connected to the devil, I was not surprised by that in the slightest. I’m sure that most of you have seen this video already, but for those who haven’t, here it is –
You know, if you follow the logic of these people to its conclusion – Satan is trolling. I mean, have you seen some of the things that people find the “666” mark on? My personal favorite was how they found that it’s everywhere in Disney. Given how God is…
View original post 389 more words