I originally tried to come up with one hundred facts but that didn’t go the way I planed. It is harder than it looks.
1. I smile all of the time.
2. I hate driving around town. All of the going and stopping makes me feel anxious.
3. I love driving long distances.
4. I’m incredible optimistic about what the future holds.
5. I like reading inspirational novels. (
damn you Lance I really liked your book)
6. I have the worst table manners ever. I use my hands instead of silverware a lot of the time.
7. I got burned when I was young buck learning how to walk. As a result I have the coolest scars on my arms.
8. I like to make up stories when people ask me what happened to my arms. I have so many stories going around that sometimes even I get confused.
9. I am an asshole. An ex gf once called me a narcissistic asshole during an argument. I was confused why she was describing me so I took it as a compliment.
10. I plan to become a millionaire. Who doesn’t…right?
11. Not a big fan of technology. I’m still trying to understand why people buy every new gadget that comes out.
12. I chew my nails. Especially when I’m watching games that I care about.
13. I broke both of my knees jumping from the roof of the house when I was eleven.
14. I brush my teeth in the shower.
15. I can’t sleep with socks on and find people who sleep with socks on disgusting.
16. I always have to have two or more conversations going on at the same time.
17. I love big crowds of people.
18. I don’t get mad easily, I just laugh it off.
19. I don’t like wearing shorts. I’m that guy who wears pants when is 110+ outside.
20. Dark Ale and Amber Ale are my beers of choice. But free beer is free beer lol 🙂
21. I prefer my beer warm.
22. I don’t like clowns. My sister used to force me watch Pennywise when I was younger and for some reason the fear never went away.
23. I never wear flip-flops unless I’m wearing a bathing suit.
24. This is my favorite number.
25. I rarely clean my room but when I do…I don’t.
26. I once sharted my pants while on a first date. She later became my gf.
27. I am not a picky eater.
28. I am a Jack of all trades and a master of none.
29. I started getting grey hairs when I was twenty four . Now they are all over the place.
30. I like buying books from thrift stores. They have some good books for cheap.
31. My right pinky finger is shorter than the left one.
32. I have been in college since I was eighteen and I still don’t know my student ID number.
33. I don’t have a favorite color.
34. Las Vegas is my home and I love everything about it including the heat.
35. I don’t apologize but when I do, I mean it.
36. I have never lost a fight.
37. I considered myself the worst writer in WordPress.
38. Do you even grammar? What the fuck is grammar? How does one acquire grammar? 😀
39. I’m usually always late.
40. I hate paying for overpriced food. Main reason why I don’t like going to food festivals.
41. I only wear black or
caki? khaki color jeans. Dark blue makes an appearance every once in awhile.
42. I love swimming in water bodies. I hate swimming in pools.
43. I can’t remember the last time I cried.
44. I don’t like eating at McDonalds but when I do I order form the dollar menu.
45. I used to think that Japandroids were the best band in the universe. I still listen to them though….no shame!
46. My no filter personality usually gets me in trouble with the ladies.
I can’t figure out how to use photoshop. I know the lyrics to Elvis “Viva Las Vegas” by heart.
49. I don’t care about fashion, if I like it I wear it.
50. I hate talking about running with non runners.
51. Hockey is my favorite sport to watch followed by football and college basketball.
52. I hate riots. I don’t understand why people enjoy acting like animals destroying and stealing everything they can get their hands on. There are different ways to demonstrate your support.
53. Punk music is my cup of tea.
54. I got drunk for the first time when I was twelve.
55. I broke my head open the night I first got drunk.
56. My mother spanked me for the first time in my life the day after.
57. I refuse to get my teeth whitened.
58. I feel like I know the authors of my favorite blogs in real life.
59. Z from “I Prefer Deep Blues and Sea Foam Greens” is my favorite blogger. I like her writing style and how she always manages to make things like “math” funny. Thanks to her I feel self conscious when I enter through the exit door at the grocery store.
60. I can’t figure out how to use photoshop.
61. Spent five hours trying to make a logo for my blog on photoshop. I’m still wondering where do I get my five hours back?
62. Coffee is my drink of choice nowadays.
63. These are my most favorite pictures from mexico. This one pretty much sums the whole trip up. Drinks and smiles all the way until the end.
64. My mother thinks I’m an alcoholic because of my excessive drinking in Mexico. Can’t say no to all you can drink. 😀
65. I just realized that I forgot to post about the Mexico trip.
66. I am very easily distracted.
67. I can’t come up with one hundred facts so I’m going to change the title of this post.
It’s been awhile since the last time I visited WordPress. Many things have happened since the last post. The school semester ended about two weeks ago and I couldn’t be happier about it. Don’t get me wrong, I love school but after all these years I can’t wait for it to be over. I feel like every semester keeps getting longer and longer…
I also started training for The Zion Half Marathon with Jeremy (Coach from LVR). I’m glad that I decided to get back to it. Its been a long time since the last time I actually enjoyed going out for a run and I couldn’t be happier. Having a training program, a cool group of people to run with and the best coffee in town has made running easier and enjoyable. Never thought I would be the kind of person who would be up at 5:00 a.m. just to go running. That goes to show how things change as we get older. Here is a picture of Jacob and I after a run with a local running group. I love the route they have, a little challenging at the moment but it should be a piece of cake soon. Had an amazing Thanksgiving with the family. Nothing like having the whole family together to enjoy a delicious meal. Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday because of the family aspect of the holiday and we also do secret Santa on that day 🙂 We all forgot about it this year. I don’t know how it happened but it did 😦
I have been working on my thesis more than I thought I would. The amount of research required to acquire the knowledge to write it is more than I bargain for. My goal is to get it done by the end of January so I can have someone look at it before I turn it in. I like the progress so far and I hope I don’t run out things to write about anytime soon 🙂 I also been noticing tremendous progress in my mediation. Time is one of the reasons I say that. When I first started I couldn’t do five minutes. As of now I can do over thirty minutes easily. Times fly when I’m mediating and I don’t think much about it anymore.
Well, I’m going to read some of my favorite blogs to see what I missed. Have an amazing night!
I still remember the day The Fast And The Furious first came out. I was a twelve year old who dreamed of doing the crazy stunts that they did in the movie. My favorite scene is when they first line up to race on the first movie. My hands still sweat when I think about it 🙂 Just like most of the people I know, I became a fan right before the credits started rolling. My friends and I couldn’t stop talking about it. I remember getting in trouble for watching videos at school of some kids trying the stunts from the movie. I guess many people died trying to replicate the impossible, Luckily by the time I got my driver license I had a little more common sense and never tried to do anything stupid (other than speeding of course). That movie bonded me with my friends even more. I had a friend who thought that the Fast… movies were stupid and unrealistic but I know that deep inside he enjoyed watching them because he was always standing in line when the time to watch the newest one arrived. When I was a Junior in high school Paul Walker bought a house in my neighborhood and my friends and I would always try to see if we could talk to him. I never had the chance but I know some who did and took pictures with him. I’m still a little jealous….
Earlier today they released the Fast 7 trailer and I can’t wait for opening day. Kind of sad that it will be going to be the last Fast… movie ever made.
I wrote this not long ago when I began taking running a little more serious.
A hobby jogger is someone who wants to be a runner but can’t stick to it. They lack the commitment to get up and run every day. They run sporadically, few miles a day and take days, weeks or even months off. They are always the ones with the latest shoes, expensive running watch and usually think that finishing a 5k, 10k or a marathon is an accomplishment. They spend more time dressing up for a race than training for it. When they are running you can usually tell just by looking at their face that they are about to die during an easy run.
I started running back when I was in high school. I didn’t care much about performance or anything related to being a good runner. I just wanted to chill with my friends. Running was a great way to do that. We would go on runs and talk about whatever it was that we talked back in the day. It wasn’t until junior year when my best friend Chase and I started taking it serious. As a result we would go running more and more. Every day after school we would go home and got ready to run. It was the same routine every day. We would put on shorts, running shoes and hit the road. Chase was so committed to it, he was always there on time and ready to go. We never missed a day. There were times that I would be sleeping on a Saturday morning and the alarm would go off and I would unplug it and went back to sleep. That never worked, he always found a way to get my lazy butt up to go running. We trained for months and we always had a good time. Track season came around and we both noticed a lot of improvement. That’s when both of us made the switch from being hobby joggers to “runners”.
I kept running for years after that. Five years ago I got tired of it and quit running. During that time I began climbing the rankings of hobby joggers. I don’t really have any excuses for it other than I got tired of it and lost the motivation and commitment to run. As you might remember I joined a running group about three months ago. That marked the day I officially became a hobby jogger. I’m not your typical hobby jogger. I don’t buy the latest shoes or watch… Running taught me to be a cheap bastard. I always buy the cheapest things when it comes to anything running related. That’s probably another reason why I’m never going to run a big city marathon. Paying that kind of money to run a marathon should be a capital offense. Now I take way too many days off. I probably only run a total of five or six days a month. Now that I’m twenty pounds heavier and full of bad habits I’m finding it hard to find the motivation to put my running shoes on every morning. In the meantime I’m enjoying being a hobby jogger and hopefully is only temporally because it is a little embarrassing.
My current goal is to get back to running every day. I want to build my endurance and be able to wake up in the morning and put on my shoes without complaining about it. It is going to take a lot of time to get motivated again, Luckily for me I have plenty of time to get my running situation together. Are you a hobby jogger or a runner?
Well….the time for my last major school assignment is here. Nothing says goodbye to school like writing a thesis. A thesis is the last paper that stands between school and a professional degree. I always struggle picking a tittle for my papers, but today I didn’t face any trouble picking one. It came to me right away. “Meditation for the Treatment of Chronic Pain”. Sounds easy enough, but the problem is that I don’t know much about it. I will be spending a good part of the year researching and learning new things about chronic pain and meditation. Luckily for me I love reading so that wont be much of a problem. The first draft is due on February 14th. Leave it to Dr. Grouchy to pick Valentines day for a due date. We don’t even have school on that day (scratching my head).
Luckily for me I have access to the tools I need. The UNLV library is one of the best libraries I have been to. They seem to have everything I need. If for some reason they don’t have it they can get it I also have a cool book with templates and all of the rules I need to know when it comes to writing a theses. I got it from a friend of mine. She sent me a book for my birthday with a note that said “you can thank me later”. “A Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and dissertations”. She is famous for always sending the coolest presents ever. But this year she left me scratching my head. I was happy when I found out that the book is on the list of books that Dr. Grouchy recommend for us to use. She knew it was coming. She wrote her thesis last year so I guess she knew that It was going to need it.
I’m ready to tackle this new obstacle and hopefully I don’t procrastinate too much on this one. I wasn’t aware that all thesis get published by the University, but now that I know this little piece of information I’m going to try harder. Have you ever done one? If yes, do you have any advice?
So you lie to yourself to be happy. There’s nothing wrong with that. We all do it…
And so you lie that maybe someday it will be just what you hope it would be, you keep on going, sticking with what you have even if you have that nagging feeling that if you don’t leave today, you’re heading for disaster..
You hope that your dreams would come true and that one person would actually not leave, that he will never break you..
Your hope makes you happy but it scares you the most.