I usually never do any of the tags or “blogger awards” posts. But since Christmas is around the corner, I decided to do it for the first time. Plus I couldn’t say no to Nad since she is the one always helping me with “technology issues”.
1. What is your favorite Christmas film?
Ha, I can’t choose one so I’m going to pick two out of the list.
Elf and The Grinch are the two of my most favorite Christmas movies. Pretty funny movies. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like them.
2. Have you ever had a White Christmas?
No that I remember. I don’t think I have ever seen snow during Christmas day. To me that’s a good thing because the last thing I want is to freeze during Christmas day.
3. Where do you usually spend your holiday?
I always go back home. Not that I have to travel far since home is only fifteen minutes away. Usually all my brothers and sisters are there. Mom and dad always cook a bunch of food so we just stay at home and eat and drink (not alcohol) like kings.
4. What is your favorite Christmas song?
5. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
It varies. But since we started doing “Secret Santa” we started opening them on Christmas Eve. Just too many people to try to hold back from opening their presents.
6. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Yes, who doesn’t know “Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer” song?
7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year?
Just getting together with the family. That’s what the holidays are for.
8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
I don’t have a Christmas tree at my place but if I did the mofo would be real. I don’t have time for fake things in my life 😆 The tree at my parents place is always real. My mom is a little weird though. She likes to throw it away right after Christmas is over.
9. What is your all-time favorite holiday food/sweet treat?
My favorite meal has to be my dads Lasagna with Italian sausages. I can eat that meal for the rest of my life and never get tired of it…just fat.
10. Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
Receiving of course. Giving sucks! First you have to break your head trying to figure out what they want, then you have to worry about if they like or not. That’s too much work, I’ll be a receiver any day.
11. What is the best Christmas gift you’ve ever received?
I don’t know… Probably one of the many toys I got when I was a kid.
12. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
I would like to spend the holiday season in a beach down in Mexico or Belize. That seems like great place to be during the holidays. No snow to worry about and can relax all day.
13. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
I’m a pro. I just throw it on a bag, staple the top and put a name tag on it 😆
14. Most memorable Holiday moment?
Every Christmas has been memorable. Every year something memorable happens and it seems like the trend is going to continue. This year we welcome a new member to the family so I know for a fact that he will be the memorable part of this year.
15. What made you realize the truth about Santa?
I think I always knew that he wasn’t real. You can’t fool me!
16. Do you make New Years resolutions? Do you stick to them?
Hahaha yeah and fail miserable couple of hours later. This year I don’t think I’m making any since I already now the results 😆
17. What makes the holidays special for you?
The family part of things. I love hanging with my family more than anything. I could care less about the presents or material side of the holidays.
18. What do you wish for Christmas this year?
I wish for the Colts to win a Superbowl and for the rebels to make it to the dance. Come on! Is that too much to ask?
19. Favorite Christmas smell?
The smell of the lasagna coming out of the oven 🙂
20. What is the worst/weirdest gift you ever got?
When I was a freshman in college we did a gift exchange with my teammates and someone gave me a pair of rain boots. I couldn’t stop laughing at the idea that someone gave me rain boots.
21. Favorite holiday drink?
Idk… I don’t think I have a favorite drink but if I had to choose I’ll take a nice cold NewCastle.
22. Have you ever spent Christmas in another country? If yes, which one(s)?
Yes, I spent Christmas in Guatemala when I was younger. I was born in Guatemala.
23. What place/landmark in your town do you love during Christmas?
My parents house. But if we are talking about public places I would have to choose Red Rock. Nothing like a nice run in Red Rock before eating like a pig.
24. Were you naughty or nice this year? You know that Santa is watching *smirks*
Both, I would have to say that I was a little more naughty this year than usual, but overall I wasn’t that bad. I guess we learn as we go along.
I originally tried to come up with one hundred facts but that didn’t go the way I planed. It is harder than it looks.
1. I smile all of the time.
2. I hate driving around town. All of the going and stopping makes me feel anxious.
3. I love driving long distances.
4. I’m incredible optimistic about what the future holds.
5. I like reading inspirational novels. (
damn you Lance I really liked your book)
6. I have the worst table manners ever. I use my hands instead of silverware a lot of the time.
7. I got burned when I was young buck learning how to walk. As a result I have the coolest scars on my arms.
8. I like to make up stories when people ask me what happened to my arms. I have so many stories going around that sometimes even I get confused.
9. I am an asshole. An ex gf once called me a narcissistic asshole during an argument. I was confused why she was describing me so I took it as a compliment.
10. I plan to become a millionaire. Who doesn’t…right?
11. Not a big fan of technology. I’m still trying to understand why people buy every new gadget that comes out.
12. I chew my nails. Especially when I’m watching games that I care about.
13. I broke both of my knees jumping from the roof of the house when I was eleven.
14. I brush my teeth in the shower.
15. I can’t sleep with socks on and find people who sleep with socks on disgusting.
16. I always have to have two or more conversations going on at the same time.
17. I love big crowds of people.
18. I don’t get mad easily, I just laugh it off.
19. I don’t like wearing shorts. I’m that guy who wears pants when is 110+ outside.
20. Dark Ale and Amber Ale are my beers of choice. But free beer is free beer lol 🙂
21. I prefer my beer warm.
22. I don’t like clowns. My sister used to force me watch Pennywise when I was younger and for some reason the fear never went away.
23. I never wear flip-flops unless I’m wearing a bathing suit.
24. This is my favorite number.
25. I rarely clean my room but when I do…I don’t.
26. I once sharted my pants while on a first date. She later became my gf.
27. I am not a picky eater.
28. I am a Jack of all trades and a master of none.
29. I started getting grey hairs when I was twenty four . Now they are all over the place.
30. I like buying books from thrift stores. They have some good books for cheap.
31. My right pinky finger is shorter than the left one.
32. I have been in college since I was eighteen and I still don’t know my student ID number.
33. I don’t have a favorite color.
34. Las Vegas is my home and I love everything about it including the heat.
35. I don’t apologize but when I do, I mean it.
36. I have never lost a fight.
37. I considered myself the worst writer in WordPress.
38. Do you even grammar? What the fuck is grammar? How does one acquire grammar? 😀
39. I’m usually always late.
40. I hate paying for overpriced food. Main reason why I don’t like going to food festivals.
41. I only wear black or
caki? khaki color jeans. Dark blue makes an appearance every once in awhile.
42. I love swimming in water bodies. I hate swimming in pools.
43. I can’t remember the last time I cried.
44. I don’t like eating at McDonalds but when I do I order form the dollar menu.
45. I used to think that Japandroids were the best band in the universe. I still listen to them though….no shame!
46. My no filter personality usually gets me in trouble with the ladies.
I can’t figure out how to use photoshop. I know the lyrics to Elvis “Viva Las Vegas” by heart.
49. I don’t care about fashion, if I like it I wear it.
50. I hate talking about running with non runners.
51. Hockey is my favorite sport to watch followed by football and college basketball.
52. I hate riots. I don’t understand why people enjoy acting like animals destroying and stealing everything they can get their hands on. There are different ways to demonstrate your support.
53. Punk music is my cup of tea.
54. I got drunk for the first time when I was twelve.
55. I broke my head open the night I first got drunk.
56. My mother spanked me for the first time in my life the day after.
57. I refuse to get my teeth whitened.
58. I feel like I know the authors of my favorite blogs in real life.
59. Z from “I Prefer Deep Blues and Sea Foam Greens” is my favorite blogger. I like her writing style and how she always manages to make things like “math” funny. Thanks to her I feel self conscious when I enter through the exit door at the grocery store.
60. I can’t figure out how to use photoshop.
61. Spent five hours trying to make a logo for my blog on photoshop. I’m still wondering where do I get my five hours back?
62. Coffee is my drink of choice nowadays.
63. These are my most favorite pictures from mexico. This one pretty much sums the whole trip up. Drinks and smiles all the way until the end.
64. My mother thinks I’m an alcoholic because of my excessive drinking in Mexico. Can’t say no to all you can drink. 😀
65. I just realized that I forgot to post about the Mexico trip.
66. I am very easily distracted.
67. I can’t come up with one hundred facts so I’m going to change the title of this post.
Well, my day just got even better. I was looking online at the Deftones tour calendar to see if they were going to stop by Las Vegas anytime soon when I stumble upon Rock in Rio USA. I remember reading and hearing about it but I didn’t think much about it because the paper said something about Taylor Swift being the headliner so that ruled the festival out of my mind. But today I found out that Metallica, Deftones and Coheed and Cambria are playing on it. I have seen them all live before so I know that they are worth the $300 ticket. For a festival like this one tickets are going to sell out quick so I better get mine soon. Christmas is around the corner so might as well get myself a nice present 😉 I personally can’t wait to see the chaos that the festival is going to create. The Strip is going to be packed after the shows are over. ohhh God… I love living in Las Vegas.
It looks like I’m getting lucky when it comes to the bands coming to town this year. I will be going to watch Young The Giant, Bush and Smashing Pumpkins all in one weekend. I can’t think of a better way to say goodbye to 2014. Glad to see that some of the bands I grew up listening to are still playing. It makes me feel like a kid again 🙂
I wrote this not long ago when I began taking running a little more serious.
A hobby jogger is someone who wants to be a runner but can’t stick to it. They lack the commitment to get up and run every day. They run sporadically, few miles a day and take days, weeks or even months off. They are always the ones with the latest shoes, expensive running watch and usually think that finishing a 5k, 10k or a marathon is an accomplishment. They spend more time dressing up for a race than training for it. When they are running you can usually tell just by looking at their face that they are about to die during an easy run.
I started running back when I was in high school. I didn’t care much about performance or anything related to being a good runner. I just wanted to chill with my friends. Running was a great way to do that. We would go on runs and talk about whatever it was that we talked back in the day. It wasn’t until junior year when my best friend Chase and I started taking it serious. As a result we would go running more and more. Every day after school we would go home and got ready to run. It was the same routine every day. We would put on shorts, running shoes and hit the road. Chase was so committed to it, he was always there on time and ready to go. We never missed a day. There were times that I would be sleeping on a Saturday morning and the alarm would go off and I would unplug it and went back to sleep. That never worked, he always found a way to get my lazy butt up to go running. We trained for months and we always had a good time. Track season came around and we both noticed a lot of improvement. That’s when both of us made the switch from being hobby joggers to “runners”.
I kept running for years after that. Five years ago I got tired of it and quit running. During that time I began climbing the rankings of hobby joggers. I don’t really have any excuses for it other than I got tired of it and lost the motivation and commitment to run. As you might remember I joined a running group about three months ago. That marked the day I officially became a hobby jogger. I’m not your typical hobby jogger. I don’t buy the latest shoes or watch… Running taught me to be a cheap bastard. I always buy the cheapest things when it comes to anything running related. That’s probably another reason why I’m never going to run a big city marathon. Paying that kind of money to run a marathon should be a capital offense. Now I take way too many days off. I probably only run a total of five or six days a month. Now that I’m twenty pounds heavier and full of bad habits I’m finding it hard to find the motivation to put my running shoes on every morning. In the meantime I’m enjoying being a hobby jogger and hopefully is only temporally because it is a little embarrassing.
My current goal is to get back to running every day. I want to build my endurance and be able to wake up in the morning and put on my shoes without complaining about it. It is going to take a lot of time to get motivated again, Luckily for me I have plenty of time to get my running situation together. Are you a hobby jogger or a runner?
Well….as some of you might know I’m on my way to Oklahoma City to visit a friend. I was supposed to be there five hours ago but that didn’t happen. Every morning I go through the same routine and today that cost me a total of twenty thousand flyer miles. That really hurts because I had plans for those miles and now I’m going to have to work a little harder to earn more miles to compensate for my mistake. Back to my morning routine. I always take a shower first thing in the morning and get dressed right after. I always hang my keys on the side of my pants and put my pocketknife in my right side pocket. I usually leave my wallet and phone out until its time to go out.
I got to the airport an hour early. That usually gives me enough time to do everything I need to do in order to get on the plane and still wait for about half an hour. Well, today it was quite different. Thanks to today’s technology I didn’t have to check in so that saved me some time. I got to the security checkpoint and was surprised by the long line. After twenty minutes in line I finally got to the front and had to empty my pockets and do all the security shenanigans. That’s when I notice that I had my pocketknife with me. I knew that I didn’t have enough time to put my knife in my bag and bring it all the way back to the luggage check in area and be back on time to get on my flight. So I decided to give it a shot and try to go through. BIG MISTAKE!!! The lady running the scan automatically made a quick signal to the officer in charge of the metal detector and they pulled me to the side. I spent about an hour in a room with three TSA agents and they were not happy at all… They tried to intimidate me and scare me but I knew that they didn’t have anything on me so I just sat there and tried not to laugh at their empty threats. Finally they allowed me to leave and I was able to put my pocketknife in my bag.
Because of that little accident (stupidity) I missed my flight and had to buy another one. The lady at the front desk was really nice. It was a good change after spending an hour with some of the angriest people I have ever met in the world. I tried my best to get them to just give me a flight but that didn’t work. So I had to use twenty thousand flyer miles to get a new one. Sadly for me the next flight doesn’t leave until midnight tonight so I still have two hours to go. I killed about two hours reading the Alchemist for the third time and the rest was spent people watching at the airport. I was planing to go home and comeback but I didn’t think it would be a good idea to go through the security checkpoint for the third time in one day. Lesson learned!
After having a not so good week I decided to go for a long run. The weather is nice out so I put on my running shoes and for the second time in my life I took my iPod for a run. I usually don’t listen to music when I run. I’m actually against running with headphones on. Running on the streets is already dangerous enough without it. Over the years I have witnessed many car accidents, people almost hitting me and my best friend Chase getting hit by a lady who was busy talking on the phone. People are probably never going to pay attention to pedestrians on the road so we have to do the best we can and stay aware of our surroundings.
During the run I had the iPod set to shuffle and was enjoying some old tunes that had been neglected over the months. That’s when “Mind Over Matter’ by Young the Giant came on. I remember listening to it on iTunes early in the summer and I felt in love with the song. I bought it and put it on the iPod. Listened to it everyday for about two months until for some reason it got replaced by other songs. Didn’t listen to it for months until the Kings of Leon concert when Young the Giant performed it live and it was amazing. Now it looks like it is going to be on my head for awhile so I might as well share it with you guys 🙂
I have officially made another decision that I’m going to regret. Jose (guy from the running group) was talking about The Zion Half Marathon Wednesday after our run and inspired me to look in to it. I watched a couple of youtube videos and was amazed about the views from the course and the vibe. After watching the video from the 2013 edition I made my mind and pulled my debit card and used the little shekels I had and signed up for it. I hate spending my shekels on overpriced races but this one seems to be worth it.
The race is on March 14th. Hopefully I can get in shape for the race because knowing me I’m going to try to go out with the leaders. That would be an okay idea if I was in shape, but the reality is that I haven’t raced in a long time and running one or two times a week is not helping either. I know for a fact that I will be hating myself at the start line. What kind of fool pays to run and put their body through uncomfortable pain? Well, I will be that fool on March 14th. I should start taking running a little more serious or pay the price on race day….